This is a game problem archive. Game problem is a specific kind of programming problem, where you are to write a program playing some game. All solutions are rated not by passing some tests, but by results of playing with other solutions. There are several contests with game problems, such as Google AI Challenge and so on. We have some game problems from our previous game competitions. Also we will add here problems from future competitions as well.
First of all, you need to register for game problems archive from this page. All your solutions from game contests will be added to archive in five minutes, so you don't need to resubmit them.
If you want to download problem statements and submit your solution, you need to log into the system, or use contest's page.
Also here you can find local game running kits (based on game_run.exe tool). To use them you need to:
- Download corresponding kit (depends on problem you want to solve).
- Extract it somewhere..
- Change player1.exe and player2.exe to executables of programs you want to run.
- Run game_run.exe tool. After that you will get game.log in the folder - game's log file.
You can tune players' running parameters by editing game_run.cfg. You can change following:
- IdlenessLimit - maximal amount of time waiting for output from program (milliseconds)
- TimeLimit - CPU time usage limit (milliseconds)
- MovesToDoInTL - amount of moves player need to do during one TimeLimit
- MemoryLimit - limit for memory usage (bytes)
- Player1 - first player executable file name
- Player2 - second player executable file name
- Checker - move verifying program file name
- Player1CommandLine, Player2CommandLine, CheckerCommandLine - command lines for running corresponding programs
- GameNumber - number of game you want to run (in some games initial game state depends on this)
Also you can read our help page for participating in game contests.
Local game running kit for problem 001 (Tic-Tac-Toe) (*.zip, 466 Kb)
Local game running kit for problem 002 (Contact!) (*.zip, 480 Kb)
Local game running kit for problem 003 (Shooting) (*.zip, 461 Kb)
Local game running kit for problem 004 (Snake) (*.zip, 314 Kb)
Local game running kit for problem 005 (Filler) (*.zip, 481 Kb)
Local game running kit for problem 006 (Bugs, bugs everywhere). (*.zip, 508 Kb)
Local game running kit for problem 007 (Xonix), Windows (*.zip, 826 Kb)
Local game running kit for problem 007 (Xonix), Linux (*.zip, 129 Kb)
Sample strategy for problem 006 (Bugs, bugs everywhere) (*.cpp, 2 Kb)
Local game running kit for problem 008 (Snake - 2), Windows (*.zip, 693 Kb)
Local game running kit for problem 008 (Snake - 2), Linux (*.zip, 90 Kb)
Contest information from testing system:
Contest name in the testing system: Game problems archive
|001. Tic-Tac-Toe||2 s||64 megabytes||86 (7)|
|002. Contact!||2 s||64 megabytes||131 (17)|
|003. Shooting||2 s||64 megabytes||933 (23)|
|004. Snake||2 s||64 megabytes||367 (14)|
|005. Filler||10 s||64 megabytes||663 (66)|
|006. Bugs, bugs everywhere||10 s||256 megabytes||139 (15)|
|007. Xonix||10 s||256 megabytes||145 (15)|
|008. Snake - 2||10 s||64 megabytes||98 (11)|
|009. Tower Defence||1 s||64 megabytes||199 (11)|